Scope and Call for Papers
The IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems is published as a monthly journal under the co-sponsorship of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, the IEEE Computer Society, and the IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society.
Design and realization of microelectronic systems using VLSI/ULSI technologies require close collaboration among scientists and engineers in the fields of systems architecture, logic and circuit design, chips and wafer fabrication, packaging, testing and systems applications. Generation of specifications, design and verification must be performed at all abstraction levels, including the system, register-transfer, logic, circuit, transistor and process levels.
To address this critical area through a common forum, the IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems have been founded. The editorial board, consisting of international experts, invites original papers which emphasize and merit the novel systems integration aspects of microelectronic systems including interactions among systems design and partitioning, logic and memory design, digital and analog circuit design, layout synthesis, CAD tools, chips and wafer fabrication, testing and packaging, and systems level qualification. Thus, the coverage of these Transactions will focus on VLSI/ULSI microelectronic systems integration.Topics of special interest include, but are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Systems Specifications, Design and Partitioning
- System-Level Test
- Reliable VLSI/ULSI Systems
- High Performance Computing and Communication Systems
- Wafer Scale Integration and Multichip Modules (MCMs)
- High-Speed Interconnects in Microelectronic Systems
- VLSI/ULSI Neural Networks and Their Applications
- Adaptive Computing Systems with FPGA components
- Mixed Analog/Digital Systems
- Cost, Performance Tradeoffs of VLSI/ULSI Systems
- Adaptive Computing Using Reconfigurable Components (FPGAs)